so here were my resolutions in 2009:
1. cook more – right now we usually only cook twice a week. after march, we’ll have to cook more anyway, so that’s good.
hey, we did this one! we try to cook 4-5 nights a week, partly to save money, partly to eat healthier, partly because it usually tastes good
2. learn how to use our new babies – my brother and jen gave us two early wedding presents – 12″ all clad fry pan and 7.25 qt. le creuset (kiwi). they are so beautiful.
yay, we use the all clad one probably 2-3 times a week. we should try to use the le creuset more though.
3. learn about wine – i still have notes from tom mannion’s wine class… something to start after march.
hmm, haven’t made that much progress on this one, although recently i had a glass of red wine i really liked… that’s a first!
4. learn more of mom’s recipes – mom’s food is still my favorite.
well, i think i’ve got the pork chop recipe down now. need to get a little better at nomai fan and niangao. still lots to learn
5. learn how to bake a good batch of chocolate chip cookies – mine always don’t turn out right.
YES!!!!! finally succeeded! also made some really good oatmeal raisin cookies this year.
6. cook more mushrooms and fish – i am getting over my mushroom phobia, and cameron is trying to let cooked fish back into his life. he said he was traumatized as a child when his parents tricked him into eating fish by claiming it was chicken. anyway, we are both making progress!
hmm we haven’t been cooking these that much, but we both have been eating them more at least. i think we’ve made some good progress this year.
7. blog more – hopefully after march.
ha, totally failed at this one.
hmm, i still need to think of some resolutions for 2010. haha i am late as usual.